Clinical Development Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) “ An examination of what organizations measure and how results are communicated and used to drive improvement"
Report Length: 28 pages
SALE PRICE $899 (Regularly $2,750)
Many biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device organizations (aka sponsors) use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to provide visibility into the success of their corporate clinical development strategies. Typically, corporate KPIs align with corporate strategies and goals so they can vary by organization accordingly. However, a group of industry sponsors were interested in exploring whether there are a core set of clinical development KPIs that are commonly used across the industry. These sponsors worked with the industry group - Metric Champion Consortium (MCC) to design and implement a survey to gain insights about whether they measure the same KPIs as their peers and how organizations use KPIs to drive improvement .
Key Questions Explored In This Study
The survey gathered detailed data to answer the following questions:
- Are organizations utilizing a standard set of corporate KPIs to assess clinical development programs?
- What types of organizations use a standard set of KPIs?
- How many KPI metrics are typically used?
- What types of KPIs are used /plan to be used? Is there consistent usage among survey respondents?
- Which clinical trial phase-level metrics contribute to the KPIs?
- How often are KPIs calculated and reviewed?
- How do organizations utilize and communicate KPI results?
The survey contained 22 questions and represents the experiences of 44 respondents at pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. The rich data gathered in the survey are presented in 20 charts and graphs.
To view additional information visit the https://metricschampion.org/clinical-development-key-performance-indicators-kpis/.